Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion is the UK's leading charity providing financial, social and emotional support to millions who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces, and their dependants. Currently, nearly 10.5 million people are eligible for our support and we receive thousands of calls for help every year.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What remembrance means to me

My grandfather died in WW2, and my daughter joined the forces last year. I use Remembrance Day as an opportunity to think back, about him, and forward, for her. It’s means as much today as it ever did, perhaps even more so.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We should never forget the Fallen & sacrifice made by so many..In the end we should rememer not the words of our enemies But the silence of our friends and loved ones. There are many Monuments to our fallen & veterans today at 11-11-11 The Monument we can all have is the Respect in our Hearts for the Fallen & Veterans & our Armed Forces of today.

     
  • At 12:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remembrance Day has a double memory for me. My Father served in the RAF during WWII, mainly in India, and one of his brothers was lost at sea during the war.

    11th November was also my Dad's birthday, and since his parting, Remembrance Day brings memories of my Father.

    Having witnessed some of the horrors of war and having been involved in relief work, sometimes as a result of war, I also remember the many civilians who have lost their lives as a result of war.

    Thank you to all those who keep before us the sacrifice made by the few so that the many can enjoy freedom today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home